A Facebook Business Page Is Not Perfect
Lots of small businesses use a Facebook Page as a way to establish their business online. There is nothing wrong with that as it is simple, quick and cheap (in terms of financial cost).
But is it a good idea only to have a Facebook Page for your business? Let have a look at some of the numbers.
Some basic numbers;
- 87.9% of adults in the UK have used the internet in the last 3 months.
- This equates to 45.9 million people.
- Women aged 75 and over has seen the largest rise. Up 169% since 2011.
- There are 32 million Facebook user accounts in the UK.
- 70% of online adults in the UK have a Facebook account.
- 92% of 18–29 years old use Facebook.
- 66% of 65+ year old use Facebook.
Restricting your business to just Facebook means that you are missing out on a large percentage of your target audience. In raw numbers, that is nearly 14 million people.
If your target audience is “Silver Surfers”, you could be losing out on a third of your market.
There is nothing wrong with having a Facebook Business Page as it helps to create an engaged community for your business. However, where it fails is as a shop window to your business as not everyone can see in.
Your Facebook page needs to exist as part of your online profile. At the top is your website alongside it sits your various social media profile.
Don’t put all your eggs in the Facebook basket.