Recently, on a Facebook group, someone posed the question;
“How do you choose a web designer / developer?”
As a web designer, I chipped in with some suggestions on the factors that could influence a decision. I thought I would share them;
- Do you want to work with someone local or remote?
- Is cost an important factor?
- Do you want someone just to design / build a website or are you looking for a long-term relationship?
- Take a look at their portfolio. Have there built any websites that you like the look and feel of?
- Are there any public reviews of the company available on sites like Trustpilot or Google Reviews?
- What are the deliverables they include when they build a website?
- Is there any industry specific knowledge required?
The decision is the same as any business relationship; do they have the technical skills and is this a company I can work with?
If you are looking for someone to build a website, then we would love to talk to you.